October 13, 2011
Live today is Forrester’s new free benchmarking tool that can help you compare your company’s interactive marketing budget and organization against your peers’. Simply answer a few questions and our tool will compare your answers with similarly sized companies against five metrics:
- The size of your interactive marketing budget
- The share of your advertising budget dedicated to interactive marketing
- The percent of your interactive budget earmarked for emerging media
- The size of your interactive team
- The number of agencies you work with for interactive support compared with other companies of your size
But the online tool isn’t the only way for you to benchmark your interactive maturity. In fact, we hope that you use benchmarks to track progress, rather than as end states. We actually have a number of reports available to help you best apply these benchmarks into a larger interactive marketing maturity effort.
First off read "Benchmark Your Interactive Marketing Maturity," which explains how to use the benchmarks we provide in the online tool. Then we have several other pieces that can help with specific benchmarks:
- For budget setting and allocation consider: The US Interactive Marketing Forecast, 2011 to 2016
- For evaluating and planning for emerging opportunities: Inspiring Interactive Innovation
- For managing your interactive org size and structure: Right-Size Your Interactive Organization and Organizing For Interactive Marketing
- For managing agency relationships: How To Optimize Your Interactive Agency Roster
And if you are looking for a more custom benchmark, let us know. We can profile our data to match you or your competitive set.
Do let us know what you think of the benchmark tool. We’d love to hear from you.