September 19, 2013
Tag management tools are much more than the management of tags. Strategic use can:
- give control of digital marketing campaigns to marketers – relieving significant IT burden,
- significantly reduce digital marketing implementation and operational costs,
- garner support for digital marketing programs – even in highly regulated firms – by offering detailed multi-stakeholder visibility and control of scripts and digital data,
- reduce the “stickiness” and dependence on digital technology vendors, and
- enable digital data syndication, which in turn drives dynamic segmentation and bottom-up attribution programs.
Forrester is currently assessing the tag management capabilities of top global brands, advising on their strategies and guiding them with their digital marketing road maps. Also; tag management research is ongoing with a few papers due for release later this year.