Back in 2009, Forrester launched its first customer experience forum. We picked New York as the location because for years we’d put on a financial services event there, and we knew that our attendees from the banking, brokerage, and insurance industries all had CX on their minds.
We didn’t know how well the new event would go over. It seemed like a good idea — but so did New Coke to someone, somewhere, at some point in time.
As it turns out, it wasn’t just a good idea; it was a great idea. Attendance was much higher than it had been for our financial services event, and the audience scores were higher, too.
In recent years, as interest in customer experience has grown, the CXNYC forum has grown, too: It’s now Forrester’s largest event. We’ve moved twice to larger venues and also launched annual CX forums in San Francisco, London, D.C., Singapore, and Sydney. And that’s all thanks to all of you who attended!
For our 10th anniversary event on June 19–20 at the New York Hilton Midtown, we’re going all out to make it a very special two days. We’re:
- Featuring speakers from CX leaders and disruptors including Citi, BOOK by Cadillac, Etsy, Geico, Kaiser Permanente, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, USAA, USA Today Network, and Vanguard. And that’s just a sample.
- Releasing Forrester’s Customer Experience Index (CX Index™) 2018, plus seven industry-specific CX Index reports.
- In response to attendee requests for more detailed advice, having twelve, 75-minute-long deep sessions. Six of them will be focused on CX developments in these industries: banking, retail, and health insurance (day one) and automotive, auto insurance, and brokerages (day two).
Over the next few weeks, I’ll be posting more insights from speakers at the event. I hope you find the posts interesting, but most of all I hope to see you in New York on June 19 and 20. If you haven’t already done so, you can register here.
- age of the customer
- brand experience
- customer experience
- customer experience index (CX Index)
- customer experience management
- customer experience maturity
- customer experience measurement
- customer experience strategy
- customer understanding
- financial services
- return on investment (ROI)
- strategy & strategic planning
- strategy planning & governance