Customer experience (CX) excellence will be sorely needed in 2021. Pandemic conditions will continue to fluctuate on a local level, affecting consumer sentiment and requiring fast and accurate responses from brands. Our research shows that CX leaders grow revenue faster than CX laggards, cut costs, reduce risk, and can charge more for their products.
The Customer Experience Function Serves As A Center Of Excellence
To improve CX in a way that delivers measurable business results and provides the right CX reliably, organisations must treat CX as a discipline. Strong CX functions drive CX transformation. The debate for where a CX function should live — under a CXO, CMO, or the CEO — misses the point. CX functions must align with an executive champion and have authority to make decisions that improve the customer experience.
There are no happy accidents — great CX requires a CX function to:
- Facilitate the development of the companywide CX vision and strategy.
- Coordinate CX transformation across diverse stakeholders by guiding CX decision-making.
- Implement best practices and specific improvement efforts.
- Partner with business units to understand and improve customer journeys.
- Maintain momentum by measuring success.
Even once the pandemic is over, consumer concerns about health, safety, and contagion will remain. 2021 will be an exciting and inventive year for CX organisations.
How To Get Started With Establishing And Growing A CX Function
- How to make the case for CX, including the impact of the pandemic on the urgency for CX transformation.
- How to rally your organisation around the customer.
- The key priorities of CX teams in Europe, e.g., measurement, strategy, and customer insights and skills like data science, journey mapping, and storytelling.
- How to prove the value of the CX function to gain credibility and scale, including some guerrilla CX tactics that act as a catalyst for CX transformation.
Learn more about How To Establish And Grow Your Customer Experience Function In EMEA in a complimentary on-demand webinar with our guest speaker Vikram Krishna to learn how Emirates NBD established, funded, and scaled its CX function. Watch the replay here!