This is an apt proverb for my current mood. Chicago's winter has been interminably long, but I'm optimistic that spring is just around the corner. After nearly four straight months of cold and record breaking amounts snow, certainly the weather must warm up and the sun must shine eventually, right?
Nevertheless, as winter winds down, March was a great (and busy) month. I attended three straight weeks of vendor user conferences: Webtrends, Adobe Omniture, and Coremetrics. These were well run, valuable, and diverse events; it was great to catch up with friends in the industry and clients around the country. Perhaps the most interesting part of the 2011 round of vendor events was the barrage of product releases, an exciting combination of new products, and ongoing development to core products. I will be updating the Forrester Wave on web analytics later this year, and we're looking forward to doing a deep dive on the updated platforms.
Spring and early summer promise to be equally interesting (and busy). Here's my event schedule for the next six months:
- Data 2.0 Conference – April 4 – San Francisco – This event is about the rise of data accessibility and new innovations to harness the growing abundance of social, geo, government, and advertising data.
- Forrester Marketing Forum 2011 – April 5-6 – San Francisco – This is extremely exciting, my first Marketing Forum as a Forrester analyst! You may remember that I missed the 2010 event because I was stranded in the UK due to the volcano in Iceland. This is a great event about innovating marketing for the next digital decade; check out the phenomenal roster of keynote speakers!
- Click 2011 – April 14-15 – Charlotte, N.C. – I will be moderating a session on online testing platforms.
- Unica Marketing Innovation Summit – May 2-5 – Boston – I will be presenting a session on web intelligence.
- BlueHornet Lifecycle Messaging Conference – May 4-6 – San Diego – I will be presenting the Friday keynote.
- Sitecore Dreamcore 2011 Europe – June 7-9 – London – I will be a keynote presenter alongside my colleague Mary Beth Kemp.
- Forrester Teleconference: The Road To The Online Marketing Suite – May 26
- OMMA Metrics – July 21 – San Francisco
- Semphonic Xchange Conference – September 12-15 – San Diego – I will be a huddle leader and attendee; I realize that this seems like it's way out in the future, but it will be here before we know it and I'm looking forward to it already!
Will you be at these events? Please let me know! I'd love to meet up.
In the meantime, I hope that you are keeping warm while we wait for spring to take hold.