Many Of Your Employees Won’t Return To The Office, So Learn How To Support A Remote Workforce Permanently
Businesses have been forced into an unprecedented experiment with remote working and will never return to the pre-pandemic normal. Until a vaccine is widely available, some portion of your workforce will always be remote: Think employees vulnerable to COVID-19, employees with young children at home, and the 33% of US workers who told us they’re too anxious to come back to a physical location even when told it’s safe to do so. Even if a vaccine is available, employees will insist on home-working flexibility, while business leaders will realize they can make significant savings on real estate by keeping some employees remote and be better able to attract and retain the best talent.
To make your remote workforce thrive, you must look to scale those solutions that maximize the productivity of your remote workers, meet their needs, and maintain security. However, the technology basics aren’t enough: You must also think through everything that it takes to foster a remote culture and address the human challenges of working from home — from loneliness to the challenges of remaining productive in the face of distractions, stress and anxiety, and competing obligations.
To help in this challenging task, we’ve pulled together a collection of Forrester’s research that will enable our clients to support their remote workforce with the best possible employee experience. Read, listen to, or watch the content listed below.
The Remote Work Experience
- Follow Four Imperatives To Improve The Remote Work Experience (time to read: 12 minutes)
- Cultivate A Remote-First Culture (time to listen: 27:10 minutes)
- Forrester’s 30-60-90-Day COVID-19 Response Plan For Customer Service (time to read: 8 minutes)
- The Realities Of Remote Work: An Update From Forrester’s PandemicEX Survey (time to read: 3:30 minutes)
Essential Technologies And Checklists For The Remote Work Experience
- Essential Technology For Remote And Quarantined Employees During A Pandemic (time to watch: 14:31 minutes)
- Audio: Essentials For Remote Working During A Pandemic (time to listen: 11:27 minutes)
- Infographic: A Home Office Checklist For Remote Workers (time to read: 3 minutes)
- Key Considerations For Network And Capacity Management When Operationalizing A Home-Based Workforce (time to read: 8 minutes, plus time to watch: 14:31 minutes)
Securing And Protecting Privacy For The Remote Work Experience
- Address The Security And Privacy Challenges Of Working From Home (time to read: 8 minutes)
- Support Your Homeworkers With The Right Endpoint Security And Management Technologies (time to read: 4 minutes)
- Nurse Your Limping VPN Infrastructure Through This Crisis, But Embrace Zero Trust Network Access For The Long Term (time to read: 5 minutes)
Not a Forrester client? Visit our COVID-19 hub for further insight on responding, managing, and leading during a pandemic.