Tech Alignment, Innovative Solutions, And Continuous Leadership Are Critical For CIOs Managing Through The COVID-19 Crisis
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the world unlike any other recent event. As a result, it requires a unique approach to scenario planning; complex budget and workforce decisions; and a focus on managing the health, safety, and well-being of employees, customers, partners, and the community. CIOs need a comprehensive plan to understand how to shift and align tech budgets, where to make investments or organizational shifts for the future, and how to eventually return to work. As you move through the four phases of the pandemic, every organization will face new challenges, accomplishments, and shortcomings — and Forrester’s ongoing research is here to help you. We have put together a collection of our latest research for CIOs in three different areas: technology spending and alignment; tech solutions; and returning to work. Clients can read or watch the research below.
Technology Spending And Alignment
The pandemic recession will put more strain on tech budgets than ever before. Many CIOs will need to go deeper than delaying hardware purchases or trimming the new project portfolio. Application rationalization should be front and center as a source of new efficiency and savings.
- Align Your Tech Spending With Your Pandemic Priorities (time to read: 3 minutes)
- US Tech Budget Outlooks In A COVID-19 Recession (time to read: 12 minutes)
- Where To Adjust Tech Budgets In The Pandemic Recession (time to read: 22 minutes)
- Webinar: The 2020 To 2021 Tech Market Outlook At A Time Of Global Pandemic And Economic Recession (time to watch: 60 minutes)
For each of the major categories of the tech budget, we have tapped key Forrester analysts to provide guidance on where and how much to cut or increase spending for the rest of 2020, depending on your company’s “mode” and outlook. But prepare to adapt to changing modes.
- Essential Technology Solutions For Pandemic Management (time to read: 9 minutes)
- The Pandemic Recession Demands A Digital Response (time to read: 13 minutes)
- Your Automation Psychology And Roadmap Just Shifted Gears (time to read: 15 minutes)
Returning To Work
Organizations must plan a staged recovery to reduce the health and financial risks of future scenarios that include a second infection wave, a steep economic downturn, and permanent changes to employee and consumer behaviors.
- Returning To Work: How To Prepare For Pandemic Recovery (time to read: 21 minutes)
- Prepare Your Organization For A Pandemic (time to read: 18 minutes)
- How To Adapt When Your Workforce Ecosystems Are Breaking (time to read: 9 minutes)
- COVID-19 Creates A “4D” Rethink Of Workforce Tech For CHROs And IT (time to read: 2 minutes)
Not a Forrester client? Visit our COVID-19 hub for further insight on responding, managing, and leading during a pandemic.