My colleague Jenny Wise and I just updated the business case report of Forrester’s mobile marketing playbook with new data, examples and primary research.
B2C Marketers know mobile is a strategic imperative but the vast majority don’t strategically integrate it in their marketing-mix with only 13% saying they do so systematically. Only 27% of marketers we surveyed told us the ROI of their mobile marketing campaigns was profitable and a stunning 67% told us they simply cannot measure it!
Why? Because marketers:
- Don’t align objectives and KPIs. There is a misalignment between their top objectives — improving customer satisfaction and transforming customer experience, which they barely track.
- Can only start to benefit from vendors’ advanced ROI tools. Greg Stuart, CEO of Mobile Marketing Association, sums it up better than anyone else: “It seems crazy that CMOs haven’t pushed vendors to do marketing mix measurement comparing TV, mobile, and all other media and that the MMA, working with our research partners, is the only entity to have developed an industry methodology for an opportunity this obvious and big”. You can find out more on MMA's SMoX research here.
- Find it difficult to measure the impact of mobile on other channels, especially offline.
- Have limited mobile expertise of their own.
- Can’t prove they need it to take budget from existing pools.
The good news is that is getting easier to measure the ROI of Mobile and that the true impact of mobile marketing goes way beyond direct ROI.
To find out more, clients can access our new report: “Beyond ROI: Showcasing The True Impact Of Mobile Marketing” here.