March 5, 2018
Transformation is hard. If you have the wrong culture, the wrong mindset, it is almost impossible. Cultural alignment is a huge enabler of change — when done well, it greases the skids; when poorly executed, it can stop transformation dead in its tracks. Digitally innovative firms are characterized by embracing technology as a driver of business success and a process of reinvention — fueled by innovation — that keeps culture fresh.
But this doesn’t happen overnight – our revised digital business playbook reflects this and the different stages of maturity that firms go through. We’ve examined how successful firms drive change with digital culture and split our content across three maturity levels – so wherever you are in your transformation, we can offer tactical, actionable advice on what you need to do next.
- Fix Your Culture Gaps To Speed Up Digital Transformation shows digital business leaders how to seed the cultural changes that start to move their organization toward a digital culture. It helps you identify the traits of successful digital cultures, outlines the five essential actions that drive culture change, and gives actionable advice on where to start.
- Accelerate Your Culture Practices For Digital Transformation picks up the next stage in cultural transformation. Once the foundations are in place, digital leaders must accelerate change and embed values and attitudes – to entrench digital skills, enterprise-wide collaboration, and a strong focus on customer outcomes across the organization.
- Apply Cultural Patterns From Leading Digital Innovators examines how leading firms place their digital culture in perpetual beta, driving continuous innovation and rejuvenation. It observes how digital business leaders use the same incremental, insights-based approach on their culture as they use on their software, to do what all great leaders do – inspire others to strive for a better future.
Successful digital business leaders recognize the intrinsic importance of the right digital culture to create and sustain a competitive advantage in the marketplace – these reports show you how.
To accompany the digital culture research, over the coming months we’ll also be:
- Hosting webinars and leadership board events to help you apply the research to your firm. Look out for our webinar next quarter to help you dive into digital culture and how to drive transformation with it, along with deep-dives for our Leadership Board clients.
- Tailoring our advisory and consulting services to help you go deeper. We have a range of virtual and in-person advisory modules and consulting offerings to help assess your digital culture and set the tone for your digital culture and more.
- Running our Digital Transformation forums. We’ll be showcasing this and more thought-leading and deep-dive best practice content in our three Digital Transformation forums in Chicago, London and Mumbai in May and June and Digital Acceleration workshops in New York and Durham, NC.
- business & IT alignment
- chief information officer (CIO)
- chief marketing officer (CMO)
- corporate culture
- digital business
- digital transformation