Our recently released Forrester Wave: Enterprise Mobility Management, Q4 2017 uses 26 criteria to evaluate the top 13 mobility management solutions on the market today. Unlike in year’s past, this year’s analysis reveals that a unified approach to device and app management is now feasible. Organizations looking to improve employee experience and simplify management can use EMM to solve many of the traditional challenges associated with a unified strategy, such as: OS management, legacy app distribution, authentication renewal, and targeted attacks. EMM providers address these issues with the following enhancements:
- Unified endpoint management (UEM) for Windows 10, Mac, Chrome, and mobile devices
- Unified portal for accessing native, web, SaaS, virtualized apps, and legacy apps
- Conditional access and risk-based authentication (RBA) to cloud resources
- Native mobile malware and ransomware detection
There are four leaders in today’s market: VMware, IBM, MobileIron, and BlackBerry. In addition to the above capabilities, these vendors excel because they offer the most flexibility to their customers. Specifically, they allow enterprises to choose whether to:
- Deploy in an on-premise, cloud, or hybrid configuration
- Manage employee devices using native MDM protocols or use an SDK or wrapper
- Purchase a secure proprietary PIM app or integrate third party applications into the solution
Another three vendors—Microsoft, Citrix, and Centrify—are Strong Performers; Jamf, Sophos, Cisco, and Matrix42 are Contenders, while Ivanti and ManageEngine are Challengers.
Now is the time to consolidate your management stack. If you want to benchmark your current EMM against the providers in our Wave or are looking for a new provider, this Forrester Wave is the best starting point for you. Your criteria may differ, so we recommend you go beyond the Forrester Wave graphic and:
- Download the Excel sheet associated with the graphic (Figure 2 in the report).
- View the detailed evaluations in the scoring guide.
- Adapt the criteria weightings to fit your needs, so you can see customized rankings of the providers.
For more information, Forrester clients may request an inquiry with David Johnson and Andrew Hewitt.