Forrester recently analyzed the top retail technologies that merchants should watch out for in 2017. According to the research, personalization and digital store technologies are hot, but the internet of things (IoT) and augmented reality (AR)/virtual reality (VR) technologies are still in hype phases. Some of Forrester’s findings include:
- High-priority tech investments include personalization, omnichannel, analytics, and digital stores.
- 68% of companies have made delivering personalized experiences a priority, yet 53% of companies lack the right technology to personalize experiences.
- Medium-priority tech investments include artificial intelligence (AI), digital payments, and mobile solutions.
- 42% of business and tech professionals have no plans or are not ready to invest in AI.
- Low-priority tech investments include self-checkout, VR/AR, and IoT.
- More than a fifth of US online adults surveyed in 2016 said they had never heard of VR headsets, and 46% said they don’t see a use for VR in their lives
Click here for more information, and please contact us if you’d like a copy of this report.