Despite reportedly high private cloud adoption, enterprises still struggle with build-out. Success with private cloud comes only through embracing self-service, full automation, and services that cater to developer needs. Yet most technology managers lack enough hands-on experience with public cloud to understand how to translate this to their own environment.
Updated research from Forrester outlines the top private cloud recommendations for infrastructure and operations professionals to avoid overinvestment, missed deadlines, and poor engagement. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ignore the fuss of defining what a private cloud is.
- Pick an easy win to start.
- Use your existing virtualization platform to begin the journey.
- Focus on Kubernetes for container orchestration.
- Employ hyperscalers to extend public cloud, but not to be your only private cloud
- Evolve to address “day 2” or perish.
If interested in learning more, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.